Men’s Physical Health
Empowering MEN to Improve Their Lives
We are dedicated to providing men with real, personalized, and effective solutions for a healthy lifestyle that works with both your schedule and budget. Our experts will tailor plans specific to your needs so you can live your life to the fullest.
The hormones used in Biote’s Method of BHRT are delivered to men in pellet form, and within up to two to four weeks, patients may begin to feel hormone therapy benefits. Some report feeling the full benefits after their second insertion. Hormone therapy has helped numerous men regain their hormone balance. Studies have shown, hormone replacement therapy may help relieve the symptoms of a hormone imbalance in men and may include:
- Weight gain
- Loss of muscle mass
- Brain fog
- Decreased sexual performance
- Low mood
- And more
BHRT stands for bioidentical hormone replacement therapy, the type of therapy Biote Certified Providers use. Bioidentical is used to convey that the molecular structure is the same as the hormones produced by the human body. Men who lack hormones at certain consistent levels or who have too much of a certain hormone may benefit from BHRT for men.
Your sexual function and satisfaction also depend on testosterone. Decreasing levels can lead to low libido and erectile dysfunction.
The hormones used in Biote’s Method of BHRT are delivered to men in pellet form, and within up to two to four weeks, patients may begin to feel hormone therapy benefits. Some report feeling the full benefits of BHRT after the second insertion. Hormone therapy has helped numerous men regain their hormone balance and optimize their testosterone levels.
Biote utilizes pellet therapy that contains bioidentical hormones custom compounded in pharmacies within the US. These pellets are inserted subcutaneously in the body and provide continuous therapeutic support for many conditions that men face.
Pellets are made of custom-compounded hormones and binders. The hormones are compounded in the U.S. by outsourcing facilities that are held to strict standards. Each pellets manufactured is tested for potency, sterility, and endotoxins to ensure patients are being provided with high-quality pellet therapy for men to help their hormone optimization.
Many conditions may be improved in men through pellet therapy, including andropause, low mood, anxiousness, low sex drive, decreased bone density, and heart health.* Pellet therapy benefits for men may include the relief of symptoms caused by these conditions, as well as a return to hormonal balance.
Hormonal imbalances occur when there is too much or too little of a hormone in the bloodstream. Because of their essential role in the body, even small hormonal imbalances can cause side effects throughout the body. Hormones are chemicals that are produced by many different glands in the body.
Hormonal imbalances cause many troublesome symptoms such as fatigue, weight gain, depression, loss of libido, loss of muscle mass, poor sexual performance, cognitive impairment and poor sleep. There are many other symptoms but these are a few. At Brazilat Aesthetics, we use only bio-identical hormones for balancing and enhancement.
- Hot Flashes
- Night Sweats
- Decreased Energy Levels
- Decreased Sex Drive (Libido)
- Weight Gain
- Difficulty Sleeping (Insomnia)
- Irritability and Mood Swings
- Depressed Mood
- Loss of Muscle Mass, Tone or Strength
- Poor Concentration
- Declining Memory
- Vaginal Dryness and Pain with intercourse
- Tender or Fibrocystic Breasts
- Urinary Incontinence
- Thinning of Head Hair
- Excess Facial or Body Hair
- Heavy, Painful or Irregular Periods
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Decreased or Loss of Fertility
- Premenstrual Syndrome
- Recurrent urinary tract infections
- Dry mouth
Hormonal deficiencies due to aging, stress, medications or lifestyle.
Minimal depending on method of treatment.
Most people have a vast improvement of their symptoms lasting 2-8 months. Variations in results happen and are often due to titrations in dosing requirements which will be discussed at time of follow-up appointments.
Vitamin B Injections
As a routine health booster, a B complex injection can immediately top up the levels of eight different nutrients. In turn, this can improve your mental clarity, increase your energy levels, and bring back the healthy skin of 10 years ago.
But how can this be achieved with a simple injection? The truth lies in the “complex” nature of B-complex vitamins and the domino effects they have on health.
What is vitamin B complex?
The B group of vitamins is a group of eight water-soluble vitamins:
- Vitamin B1 or thiamine, which helps the body break down carbohydrates and amino acids during digestion. It is also an antioxidant.
- Vitamin B2 or riboflavin, which the body uses to kickstart energy production and other metabolic processes.
- Vitamin B3, also known as niacin or nicotinamide, which helps carry energy between the brain and body.
- Vitamin B5 or pantothenic acid, which helps us build other proteins throughout the body.
- Vitamin B6 or pyridoxine, which helps regulate glucose levels, hair and nail growth.
- Vitamin B7 or biotin, necessary for turning fat cells into energy.
- Vitamin B9, often called folate or folic acid, which the body uses when growing and dividing cells, especially when pregnant.
- Vitamin B12, or cobalamin, is needed to make red blood cells, which bring oxygen to every cell of the body – including the brain.
How vitamin B complex helps the body
Literal treatises have been written about the complex interactions between vitamins, body enzymes, and hormones. A single type of B vitamin can be a “precursor” for another hormone, which then ends up in your cardiovascular or immune system.
This is all happening at the cellular level, away from our eyes! As a result, the health benefits of B vitamins can affect almost every system of the body.
For example, vitamin B complex and skin regeneration are tightly linked. Four different B vitamins contribute to the production of collagen, which is necessary to heal wounds and stave off the effects of aging.
Who needs B complex vitamins the most?
Nowadays, severe deficiencies such as pellagra are rare, at least in the United States. Food is plentiful and fortified cereals are everywhere! So then, why is there a market for B12 injections in Beverly Hills?
Turns out, many people are still suffering from what we call “subclinical deficiencies” – that is, nutrients that are lacking just slightly, enough to make us feel out of sorts, but not dramatic enough that a family practitioner can easily detect them.
People at extra risk of developing these minor deficiencies include:
- Anyone with chronic digestive problems, such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), because they may not be absorbing many nutrients
- People over 60, who progressively lose the ability to absorb some nutrients
- People who have had a gastric bypass (weight loss surgery)
- People taking other medications for cholesterol or diabetes, which can interfere with food absorption
- Vegetarians and vegans generally have a harder time eating enough vitamin B12
- People with celiac disease, or who follow a grain-free or gluten-free diet, will miss on the artificial fortification we now rely upon
Aesthetic care customized for you
Looking for personalized aesthetic care? Get in touch with us today to schedule an appointment.